Brighton Marina Berth Holder's Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Brighton Marina Berth Holder's Forum

Chat Board for the Brighton Marina Berth Holders Association.

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Berth holders Rally’s

Go down 
+2
AlanT
majika
6 posters
AuthorMessage
majika

Berth holders Rally’s Empty
PostSubject: Berth holders Rally’s   Berth holders Rally’s Icon_minitimeSat Nov 17, 2007 11:51 am

My name is Philip
At the first meeting of the association I offered to organise some rallies for members to get out in there boats.

The idea is:
to encourage friendship across the membership
to give you an incentive to sail
to encourage beginners to get out on the water
the more experienced to gain new skills and share experiences.

The rallies will be open to all types of vessel and I am trying to actively encourage different boats sailing and power.

There will be no charge for the events apart from paying your mooring fees were needed.
I will be trying to use the other premier mariners taking advantage of our 12 free nights, and if things go well perhaps a cross channel trip and summer holiday using the cursing credit.

Most of all to have fun

So I invite your response let me know what you would like to do were you want to go
What help you would like in getting their etc.
How often do you want to go and what times of the year.
What new skills you want to learn.

Please put your thoughts on this thread so all interested people can see the ideas and comment.

If you think you would like to take part please cut and paste the form below to me via email.

Names of owners:
Boat name:
Boat type (power, sail, cat, displacement):
Boat length, beam:
Number of crew:
Average cursing speed (not top speed):
Experience level (beginner, competent, professional skipper):
What do you want from the events (2-3 lines):
Were would you like to go:
How long do you want to go for:
Would you like a briefing meet and greet the night before departure:
Can you sit at anchor:
Do you have a tender:
Have you sailed overnight:
Have you stayed over night on a boy:
How are you using your boat at present (fishing, day sailing, cursing, etc):
your email:

Send to
vanpraag@hotmail.co.uk
Back to top Go down
majika

PostSubject: Re: Berth holders Rally’s   Berth holders Rally’s Icon_minitimeSun Nov 18, 2007 9:45 am

to those who have mailed me elain & john thanks when i have 10 replys i will let you all know and arange a meet and greet to see what we can put together.
ps:
could you put a few lines on the thred so it stays at the top of the list and incorages others to join in.
Back to top Go down
majika

PostSubject: Re: Berth holders Rally’s   Berth holders Rally’s Icon_minitimeMon Nov 19, 2007 1:19 pm

kerrie thanks now we are 4, 2 power 2 sailing
Back to top Go down
AlanT

AlanT

PostSubject: Re: Berth holders Rally’s   Berth holders Rally’s Icon_minitimeMon Nov 19, 2007 4:12 pm

Hi Phillip

I think this is a very good idea. It gives the opportunity for us less experienced boat owners a chance to get involved with piece of mind that there is support there if you need it.

Will send an email with details as mentioned.

Thanks

Alan
Back to top Go down
majika

PostSubject: Re: Berth holders Rally’s   Berth holders Rally’s Icon_minitimeSun Dec 30, 2007 11:39 am

hi every one and season grettings
if you are all sat at home or onboard wondering about next years sailing nows the time to talk about it.
when i anounced the idear of rallys at the first genral metting there was a great show of hands, so i thought we would have a good responce
but where are you all, plenty of people have looked at this post but we have only 7 signed up
this is the perfick place to talk about any isues
and you can be anonemouse!!
also tell all the other members that you know to have a look at this thred perhaps people dont know its hear?
post some replys and keep the thred on the recent post banner
i cant do this on my own so join up and come sailing/motering/sinking with us.
there is no fee and you are not abliged to go on every trip
once i can get at least 10 of you signed up we can have a meet and greet but realy we need 20 -30 to make it work that way i think we should get 5-15 boats in each trip as a start.
so if you know a member who dose not use the forum show them how
or find me on majika pontoon 25 east jetty
most of all if we dont have this up and runing by end of feb we wont have any spring or summer rallys
this is all about sailing as a teem looking out for each other and most of all having fun
lets get out there why did you buy that boat??? Sleep
Back to top Go down
markstirling

PostSubject: Re: Berth holders Rally’s   Berth holders Rally’s Icon_minitimeFri Feb 08, 2008 4:52 pm

Hi Philip,

Just discovered this thread. Count me in. I will e-mail details.

Mark
Back to top Go down
majika

PostSubject: Re: Berth holders Rally’s   Berth holders Rally’s Icon_minitimeFri Feb 08, 2008 10:28 pm

hi mark have your details and there shoud be some info in the next few days watch this space
feal free to ask any questions you want
Back to top Go down
majika

PostSubject: Re: Berth holders Rally’s   Berth holders Rally’s Icon_minitimeSat Feb 09, 2008 11:26 am

there seems to be some good responce since an email was sent out about the crusing.
but it would seem that i am the only one not on the email list and did not get a copy
so could one of you chaps forward me a coppy!!!

vanpraag@hotmail.co.uk
thanks
Back to top Go down
JERRY

PostSubject: Re: Berth holders Rally’s   Berth holders Rally’s Icon_minitimeMon Feb 25, 2008 1:54 am

think this is a great idea, keen to get involved as are my children and girlfriend, new to boating and as previously mentioned by another contributor like the idea of safety and experience in numbers ! can't wait for the first trip !!

Jerry
Back to top Go down
Mike Field

PostSubject: Re: Berth holders Rally’s   Berth holders Rally’s Icon_minitimeThu Feb 28, 2008 4:43 pm

Following on from the original post, reading the posts and replying to the questonaire, did not confirm that the post had been received, would it be possible to list the boats names and type that have registered for the cruise's' just encase members are slow to take up and to ensure those that have registered know they have.
Hopefully with everyones help & input BMBHA will progess
Great effort by all Laughing
Back to top Go down
majika

PostSubject: Re: Berth holders Rally’s   Berth holders Rally’s Icon_minitimeThu Feb 28, 2008 7:39 pm

jerry and mike
thanks for yourt support.
but i dont have either of you on my list.
all those that send me an email with there details i have replied to as conformation.
i wont be posting a list but i do email all those that have signed up.
so hear is the latest info please try again im sorry it did not get to me befour.

our first rally
we are all set to go to eastbourne for easter.
if you wish to attend, bookings will only be made for those that reply to me
philip at : vanpraag@hotmail.co.uk

have you asked the boats around you if they are going to rally, if not see if you can encourage others to join us!

i propose that we meet in the Mariner on Good Friday evening 7.30pm for a briefing.
then set of throughout Saturday depending on boat type.
stay sat and sunday night returning on monday.
looking forward to our maiden rally.
philip.

for those that have not completed the form below please do so as i need your boat details to book your berth.
if you don't have your free night's card, they are available from the marina office (you will need it for Easter).

Names of owners:
Boat name:
Boat type (power, sail, cat, displacement):
Boat length, beam:
Number of crew:
Average cursing speed (not top speed):
Experience level (beginner, competent, professional skipper):
Can you sit at anchor:
Do you have a tender:
Have you sailed overnight:
Have you stayed over night on a boy:
your email / phone:
Back to top Go down
JERRY

PostSubject: Re: Berth holders Rally’s   Berth holders Rally’s Icon_minitimeSun Mar 02, 2008 1:15 am

hi all, looking forward to the trip to sovereign harbour ! started sorting some things out this weekend, i know we won't particularly need the dingy at eastbourne but got that out and blew it up, ob just been serviced so gave that a run too, hope to get the boat engines serviced next week as its a bit of a smoky joe at present, will be nice to meet a few people over the easter weekend, have only really met a few people on my pontoon so far so will be good to meet others from the marina. will try and get over to the mariner too at some stage. anyway waffled enough hope to meet you all soon !
Jerry
Back to top Go down
majika

PostSubject: Re: Berth holders Rally’s   Berth holders Rally’s Icon_minitimeSun Mar 02, 2008 9:50 pm

jerry
if you havent been to eastbourn it is a big marina and it might be fun to visit the other rally boats by tender we do this all the time saves walking miles round the pontoons.
also i have been thinking about what we will do next
so you never know what you will need.
Back to top Go down
John

John

PostSubject: Re: Berth holders Rally’s   Berth holders Rally’s Icon_minitimeWed Mar 05, 2008 11:19 pm

Hi Phil,
For a start how about listing the boats that are going and pontoon numbers for those that are happy to give them out, I am sure we are all going to have some concerns on this epic voyage and it will be nice to share them.
Sandman 33/10

John and Meg
Back to top Go down
majika

PostSubject: Re: Berth holders Rally’s   Berth holders Rally’s Icon_minitimeSat Mar 08, 2008 9:46 pm

john and meg
i have emaild the list to all that booked
and i hope everyone will atend the brefing on friday.
which will also be an opertunity to meet your fellow sailors
Back to top Go down
majika

PostSubject: Re: Berth holders Rally’s   Berth holders Rally’s Icon_minitimeSat Apr 12, 2008 10:11 pm

we are planing a rally to littlehampton on the 26-27 april for those that are not going to beaulieu this might give you somthing els to do.
or for those with speed come down for lunch on saturday and go to beaulieu on sunday.
contact me if you are intrested.
vanpraag@hotmail.co.uk.
Back to top Go down
majika

PostSubject: Re: Berth holders Rally’s   Berth holders Rally’s Icon_minitimeMon May 05, 2008 9:58 am

the next rally
will be the bank holiday weekend of 23/24/25th May.
friday 23rd to Portsolent.
saturday 24th Swanwick.
sunday will be Anchor overnight off Benbridge or Chichester Harbour.
there may be a possibility for a stay at Gunwharf if space is available it will be a pay in advance for all attending.
if you wish to take part let me know asap.
thanks philip.
vanpraag@hotmail.co.uk
Back to top Go down
markstirling

PostSubject: Re: Berth holders Rally’s   Berth holders Rally’s Icon_minitimeThu May 08, 2008 2:09 pm

Philip,

We wont be able to make this one as I will be out of the country, but I just wanted to say thanks for organising the Littlehampton trip. It is comforting to know that others are around to give assistance if there are any problems (as some of us found out) and it makes for a pleasant end of journey when there are friendly faces waiting.

Regards
Mark
(Mezereon)
Back to top Go down
majika

PostSubject: Re: Berth holders Rally’s   Berth holders Rally’s Icon_minitimeSat May 17, 2008 6:17 pm

the solent rally will NOT go ahead as we have had no intrest to speak of!!!!
there is always the autumm.
when we retern from our summer crusing.
happy sailing all
philip and ann
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Berth holders Rally’s   Berth holders Rally’s Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Berth holders Rally’s
Page 1 of 1