Brighton Marina Berth Holder's Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Brighton Marina Berth Holder's Forum

Chat Board for the Brighton Marina Berth Holders Association.

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Cyclops 2 Radar Reflector for sale

Go down 
AuthorMessage
BrianKerslake

Cyclops 2 Radar Reflector for sale Empty
PostSubject: Cyclops 2 Radar Reflector for sale   Cyclops 2 Radar Reflector for sale Icon_minitimeFri Feb 19, 2010 3:37 pm

Asking no less than £99. RRP when purchased was over £300, so get yourself a bargain and help clear my lofti!

I bought this Cyclops 2 radar reflector a few years back for my previous boat but didn't get round to fitting it before I sold it. So it's as-new, comes with all masthead fittings but is un-boxed. I now have a new (well, old) boat but can't see me ever needing the Cyclops as it's already got an Echomax plus a See-Me.

Here's the manufacturers' description of a Cyclops 3:

The Cyclops 3 with its di-electric lens technology, works similar to a cats eye, focusing the incoming energy to the rear of the eye through a lens, and reflecting back a strong signal. With its new size and its aerodynamic weather-proof housing, this passive system became the first reflector ever to be certified "Type Approved" to IMO (International Maritime Organization) and ISO (International Standards Organization) specifications, requiring no maintenance and always "on the job". The Cyclops 3 is the reflector of choice for those that expect standards that go well beyond the capabilities of conventional corner or fender shaped reflectors. So whether in fog, heavy rain or under the cover of night fall, rest assured that with Cyclops3 they can see you!

High performance radar reflector improving
navigation and safety at sea
• Makes small crafts visible on the radar screen
• Improves navigation and safety at sea
• Gives strong reflection using di-electric lenses
• Passive system - no maintenance
• No power needed
• Elegant design
• Aerodynamically designed to reduce drag
• Accomodates fixing of navigation light

Length 454mm, Width 430mm, Height 252mm, Weight 8.40kg,

Application Large Offshore Sail & Power