Brighton Marina Berth Holder's Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Brighton Marina Berth Holder's Forum

Chat Board for the Brighton Marina Berth Holders Association.

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Sailing around British Isles and ROI

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
captnjac

captnjac

Sailing around British Isles and ROI Empty
PostSubject: Sailing around British Isles and ROI   Sailing around British Isles and ROI Icon_minitimeMon Oct 15, 2007 1:47 pm

Any tips welcome!
I intend to sail my HR Monsun -31' around Britain and Ireland next summer. May-Aug. I sailed the same boat from Sweden to Brighton, over 2 years ago.
I plan to visit approx. 50 Lifeboat stations in support of the RNLI, as well as creating awareness for 'organ donation and transplantation'.
My transplant is 20years old, so it' will be a big thank you trip that without my transplant I wouldn't be able to make.
Want to cruise in company, or crew ? Sponsorship?
Back to top Go down
http://www.saltdeanweb.co.uk/dowding
majika

PostSubject: Re: Sailing around British Isles and ROI   Sailing around British Isles and ROI Icon_minitimeSun Dec 30, 2007 11:11 am

hi captnjac
we are planing same trip but may not get all way round as we want to take our time which way round are you going and why.
are you using marinas for every stop or will you be on the hook
do you have a budjet for the trip
do you have a pasage plan
what changes have you made to the boat for the trip ie extra sails solar pannels wind gen etc
what type of nave equipment will you use paper or electronic.
are you using a web site to premote the trip and give list of the lifeboat stations.
awating your replys
philip santa
Back to top Go down
captnjac

captnjac

PostSubject: Re: Sailing around British Isles and ROI   Sailing around British Isles and ROI Icon_minitimeSun Jun 15, 2008 5:10 pm

Thanks for the BMBHA send off!
hard going this way side up ,though i knew it would be.Only the elements decide my schedule.I should have known that in these Isles!
Well..on the way and now in Eyemouth.(think we took the low road!) Waiting for the 'kamikaze' (divine wind) to get out and on our way to Arbroath,Peterhead,Whitehills (Banff(,then up round the top,or Caledonian.Spectactular wildlife here and St.Abb's being the best of the best dive sites we've stopped a while in heaven!If you're very experienced sailor ,have a sense of fun and can cook,please apply to crew a leg, or two.Especially from 23rd June on.
www.saltdeanweb.co.uk/dowding
Back to top Go down
http://www.saltdeanweb.co.uk/dowding
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Sailing around British Isles and ROI   Sailing around British Isles and ROI Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Sailing around British Isles and ROI
Page 1 of 1