Brighton Marina Berth Holder's Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Brighton Marina Berth Holder's Forum

Chat Board for the Brighton Marina Berth Holders Association.

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

stowage solutions

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
meg

meg

stowage solutions Empty
PostSubject: stowage solutions   stowage solutions Icon_minitimeTue Oct 16, 2007 2:23 pm

I've been looking around this 24 foot of Sea Ray for more stowage, it really is like fitting a quart into a pint pot!

Anyhow, one solution for clothing I've found is scatter cushions. We had a few in the fore cabin, sooo I threw out the cushion pads and filled them with our clothing, bought a few more covers and have stowed all our clothes, towels and bedding in them. Each has a wee tag attached to the zipper stating the contents... undies, his tops, my bottoms (no jokes about how many I have please!) This has an added benefit ... because they are all up at the front of the fore cabin, under the shelving they create added insulation, keeping the warmth in Smile

This has freed up the under-seat stowage for all the clutter we had up in the cockpit. Simple yet effective.

SOOO .... anyone out there got any more good ideas to further increase stowage on a small cruiser for two??
Back to top Go down
j.afloat

stowage solutions Empty
PostSubject: Re: stowage solutions   stowage solutions Icon_minitimeFri Oct 19, 2007 1:09 am

Those vacuum type plastic bags are great. Stuff them and roll them and they squeeze out all the air thus reducing their size by half. Plus because they're air tight, thus they keep out those nasty boaty niffs!
Back to top Go down
meg

meg

stowage solutions Empty
PostSubject: Re: stowage solutions   stowage solutions Icon_minitimeTue Oct 30, 2007 8:34 pm

Tried that with John, he complained about breathing problems after a minute:(
Back to top Go down
muppet

stowage solutions Empty
PostSubject: Re: stowage solutions   stowage solutions Icon_minitimeWed Nov 28, 2007 10:16 pm

where do you get the vacuum bags. Will have to use a dry bag for the time being.
Back to top Go down
http://www.southernrigging.co.uk
John

John

stowage solutions Empty
PostSubject: Re: stowage solutions   stowage solutions Icon_minitimeThu Nov 29, 2007 12:11 am

We got ours in Woolies last summer, not sure if they still sell them. My current thinking on stowage solutions is a bigger boat !!!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

stowage solutions Empty
PostSubject: Re: stowage solutions   stowage solutions Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

stowage solutions
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Brighton Marina Berth Holder's Forum :: Boating Help-
Jump to: