Brighton Marina Berth Holder's Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Brighton Marina Berth Holder's Forum

Chat Board for the Brighton Marina Berth Holders Association.

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Marina safety

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
allaboard

Marina safety Empty
PostSubject: Marina safety   Marina safety Icon_minitimeWed Dec 19, 2007 7:59 pm

I have read in Argus about the poor man who was pulled out of the water yesterday...............................I also heard that a man was pulled out of the water in the early hours of Saturday morning.....do you think this means we need more lighting, grit on the pontoons in icy weather, more security presence? Two in the water in almost as many days does seem excessive.
Back to top Go down
woody

woody

Marina safety Empty
PostSubject: Re: Marina safety   Marina safety Icon_minitimeThu Dec 20, 2007 6:43 pm

http://www.theargus.co.uk/display.var.1914214.0.0.php?act=complaint&cid=895982

...Mr Clarke added the lighting around the area can be off for days at a time and knew of incidents where people had driven their cars into the water accidentally...

Sounds like another tragic accident, but lack of lighting seems to have been a contributing factor
Back to top Go down
http://www.sailnetuk.com
bobupandown

Marina safety Empty
PostSubject: Re: Marina safety   Marina safety Icon_minitimeFri Dec 28, 2007 4:30 pm

there aren't a lot of ladder's around either. you'd have to be able to swim sometimes quite some distance before a ladder can be found to climb.
I'd imagine there must be an EU regulation advising a minimum ladder distribution. If not then I'm sure there will be one one day, eh. affraid
Back to top Go down
allaboard

Marina safety Empty
PostSubject: Re: Marina safety   Marina safety Icon_minitimeMon Jan 07, 2008 3:38 pm

http://www.theargus.co.uk/news/generalnews/display.var.1946353.0.sailor_taken_to_hospital_after_he_fell_into_sea_at_brighton.php#comments

And there is yet another person pulled out! Not reported to the Argus was another person who fell between there boat and the pontoon, was this due to icy conditions? Are the marina going to grit/salt the pontoons?
Back to top Go down
captnjac

captnjac

Marina safety Empty
PostSubject: Re: Marina safety   Marina safety Icon_minitimeThu Jan 10, 2008 2:23 am

Some points I'd like to follow up with....
1)As pontoon rep(17) I was asked to call the marina office to ask why the 28 lights we counted, were out on the pontoon tonight. The answer was that the regulatorary number of lights were on.Well...is 6 out in one area acceptable. I asked for the call to be logged, this was passed over. I then received a call later to say they are checked weekly.Tomorrow I hope to speak with Andrew to clarify this anomaly.
2) Regarding the 13 odd burglarys on the West Jetty, apparently the CID have a suspect (previously arrested). Apparently an ex-friend of a berth-holder with a fob. With this in mind we should be vigilent and NOT let any tailgaters into the marina. Or ex-friends with a fob!
3) Re-cycling bags available in the office. Bins will be ready tomorrow.Hooray!No more lugging to ASDA and no excuses.BFN Capt'n Jac
Back to top Go down
http://www.saltdeanweb.co.uk/dowding
Sponsored content

Marina safety Empty
PostSubject: Re: Marina safety   Marina safety Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Marina safety
Page 1 of 1